Sunday, February 27, 2022

Topps Giant Mr. Bean Card: PRINTED

 
More fun news:
 
 

 
I've printed out the Mr. Bean Topps Giant design!
 
The original design I came up with only featured the front of the card, but I really wanted the print version to capture the full effect, so I added a custom card back. Here it is:
 
 
 
 
I figure that fictional account stays pretty true to Mr. Bean's mannerisms, and is something we might have seen in an episode of Mr. Bean back in the 1990s, had they done an episode on baseball.
 
These cards have the same dimensions as the original 1964 Topps Giants, 3 1/8" by 5 1/4". I tried to go with a background color that was a little off-white, and I also softened up some of the edges to make the cards seem a little more period correct.
 
Similar to the Samurai Jack menko that I printed out a while ago, we're going to do a little giveaway here. I'm going to send a copy of this Topps Giant card to the first two readers to leave a comment describing their favorite episode of Mr. Bean.

Also similar to the Samurai Jack menko, I've only printed out a small amount of Mr. Bean's card thus far, so the rest will be split between my bonanza store and eBay store. I plan to print out and assemble another batch soon.
 
If you're one of the claimants and I don't already have your mailing address, here's how to reach me:
 
My email address is available on my blogger profile page

You can also message me on TCDB.
 
 
Thanks very much for reading!

12 comments:

  1. I've never seen Mr. Bean but the 1964 Topps Giants design is fantastic, and kudos to you for being able to recreate it in actual size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Chris! Still need to work on my assembly process to avoid the occasional off-center issue, but I'm pretty happy with the way these turned out.

      Delete
  2. One of the greatest oddball issues of all-time! I hope you use this design for more non-sports customs. I enjoyed watching his movie, but don't think I watched his show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Fuji! The original set is an all-time classic. I'll keep the design in mind for future custom cards. Good thinking there!

      Delete
  3. I think the best one I saw was when he went mini golfing and took most of the day and more than 3000 strokes to finally put the ball in the hole. RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, I remember that one, RJ. Good choice. Going to send a copy of the card out to you today. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
    2. Got my Bean card in the mail today. Thank you NinePockets. All the Bean fans in my house love it! Great design. Thanks for making and sending it. RJ

      Delete
    3. Excellent! Glad to hear that, RJ. If you and the family go mini-golfing this year, I hope you're all able to beat Mr. Bean's score...

      Delete
  4. Very cool! The one that stands out for me is the one where he goes to the swimming pool and goes all the way to the top before realizing it's too high for him and he tries to not dive off the top plank (The Curse of Mr. Bean). We watched it during the holidays and I've never heard my relatives laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, that episode is probably in my top 3, Jafronius. The entire scene at the pool is hilarious. If you'd like a copy of the card, just send me your mailing address and I'll get one out to you. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Christmas is my favourite. Playing with that display at the department store. Getting the turkey ready. The gift for the girlfriend letdown. Omg.. Laughing just thinking about it.

    I know I'm too late to win a custom (got one last time, so happy to let others have a go at it) , but just wanted to share anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice, Derek! That was a classic episode. Thanks for reminding me of all the funny scenes. Might have to watch it this weekend.

      Delete