Sunday, September 10, 2023

A Custom Card of Elaine? Get OUT!

Back in 2019, I started my custom card journey with a design featuring George Costanza from the hit show Seinfeld. It's been quite a fun ride on the custom train since then, and I'm getting pretty close to having completed 100 unique designs. (More on that in a future blog post.)

Last year, a couple of those unique designs featured another two characters from the show: Cosmo Kramer and Jerry Seinfeld
 
There was only one more character needed to complete the legendary quartet. And here she is:




Elaine Benes!
 
If you're a fan of the show, you'll know why she's wearing that Baltimore Orioles cap. (And no, she is not taking it off.)
 
As for the on-card action, let's imagine that Ms. Benes has just hit a home run against the Yankees, and now she's displaying her signature dance move—little kicks—just before she crosses home plate. In fact, her playing position at the top left is listed as "little kicker".
 
To stay true to many of the original 1956 Topps cards, all that action has kicked up some dust around Elaine's feet. And look closer: With all the "full body heaves set to music", her batting helmet is flying right off!

If you're unfamiliar with all those references, here's a clip that'll fill in the blanks:




So that's that. Another custom card is in the books. I'm happy to have finally completed the Seinfeld "fab four".

More fun stuff to come.

12 comments:

  1. Haha, that's perfect! And it's a great use of the '56 design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The episode with Elaine in the Orioles hat at Yankee Stadium is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beauty. At first I thought she was a pitcher with an unorthodox windup, but yeah, makes a good celebratory home run dance. I could see some cocky young slugger busting out that move, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Kicker! I love it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how much of a fan I am of your Seinfeld customs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I do, Matt! Stay tuned for more. That's all I'm going to say for now.

      Delete
  6. Great job! I was wondering when Elaine would get her card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jafronius! It had been on my list for a while. Happy to have finally found time to work on it.

      Delete