Sunday, October 31, 2021

Custom Card Store: The eBay Option

Quick post today.
 
First things first, thank you very much to the folks who've already purchased some custom cards from my new bonanza store! The site offers some good analytics tools, and it's been fun looking through the stats to see which cards are being viewed and purchased the most. To this point, the Beastie Boys Future Stars card has been the biggest hit, far and away.
 
But for those who might not want to go through the trouble of setting up an account on bonanza.com just to make one purchase, I totally understand. That's why I've decided to take some of my stock and post it on eBay as well. 
 
 

 
Being that a lot of collectors (myself included) already do a good amount of buying and selling on eBay, and sometimes even receive special discount codes or eBay Bucks, I figure the platform might be more convenient to use.
 
As for the base price of each card, it's a bit higher because eBay charges about 5 times more in seller fees than Bonanza. However, I've tried to combat that higher base price by offering discounts if more than one custom card is purchased. Here's the rundown:
 
1 card is $4.00
2 cards are $3.40 each
3 cards are $3.20 each
4 cards or more are $3.00 each.
 
So, if you want to use Bonanza, absolutely do that. But if you already have an eBay account and would rather use that site, you also have the option now. Check out the Nine Pockets eBay store here.
 
Thanks again for the support and enthusiasm so far. It's definitely given me a boost of inspiration and energy to whip up some new custom cards. In fact, I'm working on a couple right now.
 
Stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. Best of luck! I'm sure eBay will bring lots of attention to your awesome customs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji! They've been getting some good attention so far, which is exciting.

      Delete
  2. I see some of them are very popular already! Hope you're able to sell lots of these and create some new ones in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on some new ones right now, in fact. Thanks Chris, and stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. I would have to think some sales would be the best inspiration to create some more cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure helps, Jon! It'll be interesting to see which cards become the best sellers over time. If it's anything like book publishing, some of the results will probably surprise me.

      Delete
  4. Hey! Look at you and your perfect feedback. No surprise there! Hope you do well. These cards are unique, touching on a few neglected collectible topics. I can vouch for the quality!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I've been eBayin' for a long time now, so I've learned a thing or two about keeping that feedback score top-notch. Stay tuned for more custom cards here on the blog. I'm having fun working on the next two that are coming up.

      Delete