If you're a fellow collector who uses the Blogspot/Blogger platform, you might have been affected by one or more issues that have plagued users over the past few months. Whether it's been perfectly legitimate blogs that are erroneously flagged and locked for "harmful content", delays in new blog content showing up on a user's blogroll, or something else, it's frustrating.
However, I think I've solved one of the issues, and I wanted to share. Here are the details:
If you're like me, you have a Blog List on a sidebar that looks something like this:
It's likely that you've chosen the option to "sort by most recently updated", so that the newest content from your fellow bloggers appears at the top of the list. You can also choose to show the blogger's icon, a thumbnail from their most recent post, and the date of their most recent post. All of this helps us stay on top of our reading and promote our favorite bloggers at the same time.
However, have a look at the very bottom of my list:
Do you see the last three titles? All three of those bloggers are active, and posting new content at fairly regular intervals. But there's no date underneath the blog name. And their blogs appear hidden all the way at the bottom of my Blog List. So when they post new content, it simply does not show up.
Thankfully, after some research, I figured out the issue. If you're experiencing a similar glitch in your Blog List, here's how to fix it.
Go into your Blogger layout tool, and click "edit" on the Blog List gadget. It will take you to a screen that looks like this:
If you look closely at those web addresses in gray, you'll see that some of them contain extra text after the "blogspot.com" (i.e., /feeds/posts/default), while others don't.
That's the key, because apparently you need that extra text.
So please go to your blog when you have a moment, and check your Blog List sidebar. If any of the active blogs have been sitting way at the bottom, week in and week out, get right in there and add that extra text. Your problem should be solved, and the blogs should start updating again.
I'm sure those particular bloggers will appreciate it.
Okay, that's the end of the Public Service Announcement.
Because this is a trading card blog, I've got to add something card related. So here's an image of a recent facebook marketplace pick-up I made, plus the rundown of what's pictured.
800-count box: Complete 1987 Topps baseball set.
1992 Topps Micro: It's factory sealed, complete with gold cards, but I'm thinking about opening it up and piecing it out in team sets to various team collectors. (If any of you are interested, let me know. The Cubs and Tigers team sets might already be off the table.)
Vending box: It's 1985 Topps baseball, but I knew going into it that the box didn't contain any McGwires, Pucketts, or Clemenses. That's fine, because there are some Hall-of-Famers included.
1982 Topps Traded set: Before you get too excited, it's missing three cards. Can you guess which ones?
Clamshell case: It contains 34 Roberto Alomar rated rookies. Yes, that's right. Thirty-four. A few of them are the "no period after Leaf Inc" variation. There's definitely a guy out there who needs both versions, so I'll try to find him. And then I'll ask him if he wants 5 or 10 of them.
In any case, I went for it because the seller was nearby. And the price was certainly right—less than the cost of a blaster box. It's my first marketplace purchase since the huge junk wax lot I picked up at the beginning of the year. Maybe some of these cards will go to a collector and make a great story, like last time.
Thanks for reading, everyone. I hope the Blog List solution works for those of you who need it!




No comments:
Post a Comment